How it Works
Because, HCG resets the body’s weight to a lower “set-point”, it helps you to keep the weight off permanently and allows you to lose that abnormally stored fat in those hard to lose places, all without damaging the necessary structural fat and muscle tissue.
Other diets require intense workouts. Not everyone has the time, or frankly the stamina, but, with HCG, you can lose weight without strenuous exercise.
The Dr. Simeons weight loss protocol is divided into segments. Please read carefully, as these instructions are vital to your success.
A couple of weeks prior to starting the VLCD (very low calorie diet), it is a good idea to do a thorough body cleanse. A good colon cleanse or some other systematic cleanse can help you feel better and reduce cravings while on the VLCD. A good colon cleanse can also help to facilitate the first few pounds of weight loss as well.
If you have a history of gallbladder issues, you may also want to consider doing a gallbladder/liver cleanse. Gallbladder issues have a tendency to flare up while dieting. A cleanse can help to alleviate potential problems
Check with your consultant, if you have questions, regarding a specific cleanse or visit our website below for more information.
NOTE FOR WOMEN: For best results, begin Phase 2 (P2) on the first day after your menstrual cycle ends.
￼Preparation Phase (P1)
OPTIONAL: Colon and Gallbladder Cleanse
Taking Your HCG Superior Drops
Fill your HCG Superior Weight Loss dropper to just above the taper line, 10 drops, or .38 ml in the supplied syringe.
Place the drops under your tongue for 3-5 minutes. Hold them there as long as you can. This will increase absorption.
Do not eat or drink 15 minutes before or after taking the drops.
Begin drops and INDULGE! Eat all the fatty foods you want. Don’t hold back. Eat portion servings of high fat foods & carbs. This may include: meats, eggs, butter, yogurt, dairy, nuts, seeds, pastries, etc. (High Fat & Carb. Foods). DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!! This step is crucial, because the loading phase stocks normal fat cells and prepares the body to burn abnormal fat, resulting in fast weight loss.
￼￼Phase 2 (P2)
Days 1 and 2, “The Fat Loading Days”
Days 3-44, “Very Low Calorie Intake Days” (VLCD)
Drops—Continue taking the drops 3 times per day, and begin your VLCD (very low calorie diet / 500 calorie diet). Remember to weigh and measure yourself every day. See measuring and exercising.
Vitamins—Take (1) one B-complex 100mg with Niacin, (1) one Potassium 99mg, a Calcium supplement, and a good minimum 8-10 strain Pro-biotic each day. Vitamins are very important to sustain your body’s energy (Consult your physician prior to taking any vitamins or nutritional supplements.).
500 Calorie Diet
From original manuscript , except where italicized.
￼￼￼Tea or coffee in any quantity, without sugar. Only one tablespoon of milk allowed in 24 hours. Stevia or sugar substitute may be used.
- ￼100 grams (4 oz.) of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white-fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna (packed in oil), herring dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.
- One type of vegetable, (2) two cups, only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage. (Tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and lettuce may be served together.)
- One (Grissino) breadstick or one Melba toast.
- An apple, or a handful of strawberries, or one-half grapefruit or orange* (*in the original manuscript, but not in at least one version of the circulating manuscripts) (Do not use any fruits packed in sugar.).
￼￼￼The same four choices as lunch.
￼If Your Weight-Loss Stalls
You may reach a point where you don’t lose any weight for 2-3 days. Don’t be discouraged. This is very common. Your body is simply adjusting to a new lower calorie diet and body weight. We suggest doing one or all of the following:
- Drink more water. Water intake should be between (2/3) two-thirds to (1) one gallon per day.
- Dr. Simeons suggests an apple day. For one whole day eat only apples (up to (6) six). “During an apple day, no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst— if eating an apple still makes them thirst.” Dr. Simeon
- Take more (2-3 drops per dose) HCG Superior Drops to help restart and kick your weight loss back into gear.
No Substitutions or Exceptions! You must follow this exact protocol to gain the best results!
- Any amount of tea, coffee, or water—at anytime—is allowed.
- The juice of (1) one lemon—or any purpose—is allowed daily.
- All natural seasonings including: salt (minimal), pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc. (use all natural seasonings only). No Sugar!
- NO Oil, Butter, or Dressing
- NO Soda Pop, Sugar or Starches
- NO Beer, Wine or Alcoholic Beverages
- NO Crystal Light or Flavored Drinks
- NO EXCEPTIONS! DON’T ASK!
Choose (1) one of the following fruits, to have 2x’s per day, whenever you want (apple, 1/2 grapefruit, or a handful (6-9) of strawberries, orange).
HINT: You may choose to eat one portion of fruit for breakfast and the other portion as a late-night snack.
Measuring, and Exercising Measuring Successfully
Weigh and Chart Daily: You will be motivated to stay on the protocol as you see the weight melt off.
Food Scale: Weigh your meat portions accurately, rather than guessing. It is very important not to go over on the portions allowed on the VLCD (very low calorie diet).
Cloth Tape Measure: You should feel your clothes begin to loosen, but the tape measure can help you track how fast you lose inches.
Take Pictures: Take photos before you start the HCG Superior protocol and at the end of each phase.
How to Exercise: Healthy eating and regular exercise are the keys to a healthier you and long-term weight loss. Therefore, we recommend moderate exercise. On the Dr,. Simeons protocol it is not necessary to exercise for weight loss to be effective. Strenuous exercise on the diet is not recommended. If at any time you feel weak or light-headed, stop immediately! Your daily exercise depends on your personal fitness level and what you feel comfortable with.
￼Reaching Your Goal
If you reach your goal before 23 days: Keep taking the drops and increase your daily caloric intake to between 800-1000 through day 23. This is not about counting calories. It is about the type of foods and the amounts you eat. Please follow carefully to be successful.
If you do not reach your weight-loss goal before 24 days: Continue taking the drops and stay on the “Very Low Calorie Diet” (VLCD) through day 40, or until you reach your goal, whichever comes first.
If you have more weight to lose, you can begin another protocol cycle after Phase 4. Do not skip Phase 3 or 4. This is crucial to your weight loss success!
Do Not take the drops beyond 40 days and do not stay on the VLCD beyond 42 days!
Setting Your Metabolism P3
Keeping the weight off: If you like the results you have had so far, then you are going to want to keep it that way. Most diet plans fail to deliver on one crucial point—the ability to reset your metabolism and keep the weight off.
This part of the plan is crucial for:
- Re-building your nutritional stockpile
- Avoiding sagging skin
- Locking in your body’s new “set-point”
￼￼Phase 3 (P3) Maintenance (3 weeks)
Establishing Your “Set-point”: During the next 3 weeks your body will lock in its new set-point. This is where you can comfortably maintain your new weight with a healthy diet and moderate exercise.
Eat the same type of foods as on your VLCD P2, and gradually introduce additional fruits, vegetables, and proteins into your diet without sugar or starches. It is important to double the amount of protein during this period (NO pastas, starches, breads, pastries, candies, starchy vegetables, etc.).
Continue taking your recommended vitamins and add Acetyl-L Carnitine 500mg, to help maintain your weight level.
Consume 1500-2000 calories per day to help maintain your new set-point weight—making sure to stay within 2 pounds of that weight. Eat what you want, when you want, with the exception of starch and sugar, and weigh yourself every day. If you are 2.1 pounds over the last day you took your drops, perform a *Steak Day.
*Steak Day: “Skip breakfast and lunch, but take plenty to drink. In the evening, eat a huge steak with only an apple or tomato.” — Dr. Simeons
Keep in mind, your goal is to maintain your new weight loss, not to lose more weight. If you have more weight to lose, you can do another round after waiting a minimum of 6 weeks. If this is not your first round you need to wait a longer period of time. See Dr. Simeons manuscript for more details.
￼Final Transition P4
￼Phase 4 (P4) Final Transition (3 weeks)
- Gradually introduce sugars and starches into your diet, but be careful not to develop poor eating habits. It is up to you to keep the weight off.
- Weigh yourself daily.
- If you have obtained your weight and size goals—Congratulations!
- If you have not met your goals, start a new weight-loss cycle. It is up to you to decide how many weight-loss cycles to go through.